Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Relapse or normal reaction to life?

3 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi KIttycat,

For me, when a relapse seems to just start, these are my first questions, to try to explain myself whether it is 'just' a down or a full-blown relapse:

did I sleep enough? is there anything unusual that is physically happening in my body currently? What were I thinking of all the time recently? Did someone say something weird to me that bothers me unconsciously? Did anything else happened that is still on my mind all the time? Was I somehow reminded at anything bad from the past?

I don't always have an explanation for myself. I guess I am also just trying. I just wish you so much that it was nothing else but a down, and not a full-blown relapse. I wish you to feel OK and happy. You deserve nothing else!

4 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi

I find it scary that when I have a down few days I cannot tell if I am feeling down because that sometimes happens or if a full blown relapse is happening. How are you able to tell. I have been feeling depressed lately. I really hope it is not a full blown relapse.

Kittycat

Reading this thread: