Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

I am struggling to manage all the setbacks in my life

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello!

I am sorry to hear about all your health concerns. It sounds like you should really speak to a dentist about your tooth very soon. I can see how you would be very concerned. In some cases worry can be very productive. For example, if the worry motivates you to go to the doctor when you need to. Once you have your doctor's appointment booked and you're still worrying then this worry may be unproductive. You might find the section on Worry in the program helpful to manage the worry. There are a few worry stopping techniques within the chapter that you might want to practice now.

Interviews can be very stressful but try to reframe how you look at them. Interviews are also a great time to meet people and let your interviewers know who you are as an employee. They don't have to be fake at all - interviews can be genuine and great experiences with the right mindset. How do you think you can challenge your view of interviews?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit my job in June due to the stress, as I had increasing insomnia and wasn't eating well.  Felt a bit better for a few weeks.  Now, I am interested in resuming my job search, however I've been having back spasms and I got a throat abscess.  I got really sick very suddenly and it's taken me a week to get over it.  I am on antibiotics but I still have a sore throat.  A few years ago I had an abscessed tooth on the left side of my mouth and now I am worried this soreness is due to that same tooth.  The doctor I went to see at a family clinic didn't seem to think the two were related...  I have a little blister appearing under the tooth where the abscess was so now I am wondering if I should go to the dentist and have the tooth removed.  But I am on antibiotics, so I do not know if u can remove a tooth while on antibiotics...Needless to say there are a million scenarios running through my mind and I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight.  It's on of the front teeth on the bottom, so going on job interviews with a missing tooth is not gonna be fun.  I really truly do wanna go back to work but i find the rigamarole around getting a job, with the ridiculously fake interviews is absurd!!!  I feel like going to every office and being like, Hi, I wanna work and I have experience, Hire me!!!

Reading this thread: