Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

on a downward spiral

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My answer to your question is yes.  Yes growing up in a house hold where I felt I like I never belonged, I felt isolated and alone and invisible.  That is all I can say about this at this time.  This is all I can handle talking about and remembering for now.   We can revisit this at another time.    Thanks for being there and helping me.

Red
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

That sounds very sad, overwhelming, lonely and also confusing. It also sounds very big.  Not sure if that is the right word but I get the sense that you are feeling overpowered by this.  Have you felt like this before?  Is there some event or thought that has triggered this?

Members, can you relate to how Red is feeling? Please share your experiences.

Ashley, Health Educator
Ashley.

Being on a downward spiral in like free falling into bottomless pit of despair.  You have that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach.   You shut yourself off and go into your own world of torment and despair.  You feel like you are drowning in it and you can not come up for air. Its the abyss and you can't find your way out of it.
14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

We are here for you.  What does it feel like to be on a downward spiral?  Can you explain more?

Ashley, Health Educator
I am on a downward spiral and don't know how to pull myself up out of it.

Reading this thread: