Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Still struggling

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,
I know you are not going to be happy if you go back to smoking.  It will not help anything I know this from my own experience and then you will be very disappointed in your self for sure, plus you would have to try to quit all over again if ever.
You already said your are glad you quit and you should be.  You have made it through some really tough stuff without smoking and you are going to get better without smoking too.  I would like to suggest that you may want to start limiting your time on line so that you can do some of the other things you feel you want and need to do and try to get out side a little more.
This are 2 things I am going to try and do personally and see if it helps me. May be it will help you also.  Just and idea but I am sure going to give it a try.    Let us know how it goes.
Red
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance,

Look to your quit as a goal that you achieved, an accomplishment!  You worked hard for this and you should be proud.  I can already tell your not going back to smoking, and you already know that it won't change anything if you started back up!

Rewarding yourself can be beneficial.  You deserve it!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 194 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

I know the pros and cons, I just dont know if the timing was bad as far as having some sort of relief to my struggles. Im glad I quit, I just dont know if its making things harder or not.

I will never know, I just have to deal with it. Like I have to deal with the roommate that looks over my shoulder while im on here all the time. Its getting annoying, of course he denies it. But then asks what it is Im doing. He sounds like a dog when he eats too, so annoying. at least I have manners!

14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That might be reason for some of the trouble you're having.   Why did you decide to quit smoking when you were going through a difficult time with your illness?   Do you think that continuing to smoke now would make things easier for you?     Ask yourself these and other questions regarding your smoking/struggle and see what you come up with.   Why don't you make a Pro/Con list?  

Let me know what you come up with.

Rebbie
Could I be having an extra hard time with everything because I quit SMOKING 62 days ago? Could it be why im struggling? Oh boy.
14 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lance:   I know exactly how you feel about being alone.   I, too, am all alone in my part of the country.    I have two sons; one of them lives on the east coast, as does all my family; and the other son lives literally on the other side of the world.   After my divorce, both sons graduated from college and left the midwest.   I feel "stuck" out here in a low-paying frustrating job that I have to hang with for at least 3 more years so that I can collect a measley retirement.   Of course, that doesn't mean I won't have to work anymore.   That just means I'll be able to move closer to my family and have the retirement check to supplement my income.   Anyway,  I'm sorry for going on about me.   I just want you to know that I understand entirely about the loneliness.    I have a couple of very good friends who "make" me go out with them from time to time.   While I don't usually want to, I'm always glad that I did go.  

Do you have any friends you can go to a game with or just hang out with?   I don't know what you like to do, but if you could just get out of the house once a week, it would be a huge improvement and would make you feel so much better.  After several weeks, you might even push it up to twice a week!    Set a couple of small goals to do something and see what you can do to make them happen.   
Again, I'm glad you're still coming here to this site.   It shows that you're reaching out.   Keep plugging away and it will get easier. 
I just cant seem to get back on track, my appetite is still hit and miss. I havnt been going out. I just dont know how to get back with it. Im alone all day and I miss my family a lot. 

Reading this thread: