Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

falling backwards

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
alnlane,

Diva said it best, I don't think that there is too much more I can add. I think that it is really important that you are happy with your therapist, and you should feel that it is helping. If not, I agree that maybe it is time for a change. Also, you should talk to your wife and kids, especially your wife, and let them know what you are going through.
Keep us posted on how you are doing, we are here for you,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello alnlane,

I think it is very brave of you to come here and let us know how you are feeling. I am really glad you did. I have struggled with generalized anxiety and PAnic Disorder with agoraphobia for many many years now. I have also suffered from burn-outs and depressions since I was in my early teens. I know how dealing with that kind of stuff feels. I also stress out and worry about my health. I have now banned the use of internet for disease checking as it aggravates my worries!

Anyway, I wanted you to know, I know how it feels to feel like you had a relapse. The beuaty of it is one can get out of a relapse. When my panic disorder and generalized anxiety relapsed a year and a half ago I went to The Panic Center. It is great! It helped me a ton. Now that my depression/burn-out seems to be back to haunt me I am here on The Depression Center. Have you tried the Panic Center for your anixety? It really is quite helpful!

As for your therapist, if you are not happy with him/her, I do agree that finding a new one is a great idea. One is allowed to shop for the best care possible!

As for your family, have tried talking to them and letting them know how you feel. Sometimes we tend to be hard on ourselves and think we are bringing people down and yet that is not how they perceive it!

Be kind and patient with yourself. Take care. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

P.S: I talk here about my relapses so you know you are not alone. But I do want to tell you that even though I have had this since I was a teen, I have had an overall good life. Living with all this happily is definitely possible.
15 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last week was like a roller coaster. After months of therapy and struggling to overcome depression and rebuild my business, after taking time off to build my home - it appeared last week things were going well till Friday. That afternoon I was going along fine - checked my email and saw an article on increasing rates of Melanoma- I have had a life long problem with panic attacks over health issues (caused me to quit Medical School many years ago). So after reading the article and browsing the internet re skin cancer topics- going to mirror checking spots over and over (did this all weekend - had them checked by MD by the way told they were fine- they still look fine)- last night as I tried to sleep I was panic striken- it's Monday I've made an appointment with my MD tomorrow to talk about going back on medication for my anxiety(I had been taking Lexapro a few years ago- stopped when things got better). As for working with my therapist- this has been going on for 3 years and I don't see things getting better I think it's time for a change as I cannot let life slip away worrying like I do- feel like I dragged my wife and kids down with me and they don't have a clue about what's going on inside me.

Reading this thread: