Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Trying this out

3 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Carlc66,

It sounds like you have accomplished a lot lately. Getting rehab and therapy in the works are two big accomplishments. It is not ideal you have to wait but it is good you already have a diagnosis and a plan. What little bits of living have you managed to fit in? How do you think you could fit more in?

The program will give you a great head start on therapy. Also, remember that physical activity, social activity (even online), goal setting and pleasurable hobbies or activities can all have a big impact on our mood. Try to set small goals in each area daily or weekly.

Thank you for posting and letting us know how you are doing. How are you doing today?

3 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Carlc66,

I am so sorry you are so far away from everything!! I am struggling with loneliness too even though I am not living in a rural location. It must be very hard when you are also physically alone..

You can be proud of yourself for being so resilient and waiting patiently for your consultations, and using the time here with moving forward on the lessons...

I also don't know who I am any more, and what I want or can still do with my life. Not sure where to get the inspiration to get back to my old self. Maybe somebody from my past? But they surely changed too. Everything and everybody has changed and changes. So surely, I won't understand them so well as I did before, and they won't understand me so well either. Or just it won't work out, as it was a long time ago.

I need friends - but how does that work? I don't feel OK in my current body.

Don't know if I am trying something too hard, or just not trying properly. But somehow nothing works out.

Every effort I take goes wrong. Nothing I am doing leads to success. Every try to connect with people or get help is going wrong, and I don't know why.

Not sure where to continue what I started, and which ones should I continue? How do I find out, what's worth fighting for, and what's not?

I can see, you are dealing with lesson 3 now - correct..? Wow, that's great... I need to continue my lessons too... maybe that is going to help one step forward.

3 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed about 9 months ago. It was one specific event that lead to my diagnosis, but now I'm starting to see that I have had symptoms of depression for quite a long time. That one event has lead to a lot of other problems, but I am trying these lifeworks courses out now just to see.

It hasn't been easy. Being in a secluded, rural location makes it too easy to fall into a depressive mood. It's easy for other people to say just get out there and try new things. It is very hard though when your stuck at home, miles and miles away from the nearest signs of life.

The little bits of living I do get to do seem to help. My mood does improve, but those are pretty short lived and not near often enough. I am on a wait list for a local rehab, but that is a 3 to 6 month wait. In the mean time I have time booked with a therapist, but even that will be a three week wait for an opening, and then hopefully they agree to take me on for weekly appointments.

I'm hoping those things will help with my problems, as i dont feel like i know who i am anymore, what i want to do with my life and what i can do with my life.

Reading this thread: