Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Introducing myself

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Lesken,

I am so sorry for your loss. Experiencing intense sadness and anxiety after this monumental loss is completely understandable. Grieving can take time and it is important to be patient with yourself. Allow yourself to grieve and also focus on self care - what do you need right now? Social time, meditation, time in nature, pleasurable activities, talking about your pain, journaling, celebrating your mother's life, exercise, health eating, etc are all suggestions that may help. Do some research on self care and grieving in order to arm yourself with tools that may help you get through this. In person grief support groups or therapy may also be another resource for you. What are your thoughts on all this?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm new here. Just started exploring some of the tools on the Lifeworks program. I recently lost my Mother and I was with her while she was sick and at the hospital when she passed. Although my sister was nearby, I was all alone during the last moments. I think that my intense sadness over this loss has triggered a lot of anxiety and overwhelming emotions in me and I'm having problems coping.

Reading this thread: