Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,519 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

traveling the world with depression

6 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your comment - that you have nothing to be unhappy about.  I can relate to that.  I think many people feel that way.  How do we break through the self-promotional walls that isolate us?   It seems that admitting we are sad is akin to admitting something is wrong with us.  Which is not true.  Sooooo not true.  We are good people, feeling sad.
6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Brittstar,

Thank you for sharing a bit about what you have been going through.  I think this program is a great place to start. It has been awhile since you posted. How are you finding the program? Has it brought up any solutions or thoughts about your work?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All, I am joining this community because after months of feeling down, unmotivated, antisocial and an overwhelming feeling of unhappiness I know I need to do something about these feelings that then change my normal behavior. I know longer look forward to the future. I am a flight attendant for one of the best airlines in the world. I am in my late 20s. I fly around the world and visit amazing cities every week with other multi-national crew. I am writing this post as I am about to work a flight to Copenhagen. But this glamorous lifestyle has had many ups and downs for me over the last 1.5 years. I am away from my home country which means I don't see my family and friends often. And it's tough to maintain relationships with this lifestlye. I am going to complete this program the best I can. I am very glad that I found this community. It's hard to talk about depression with others, especially in my case because they don't understand what I have to be unhappy about. To everyone, have the best day that you can and make yourself smile even if it doesn't come naturally :)

Reading this thread: