Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I am new here

6 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Budgie, I understand the reaction of family and friends that want to help.  One time recently when I was crying my husband comforted me for a few minutes, but then said "this is too much, this can't be right... this is too much". 
6 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I have received your e-mail.  It is going ok so far and am using the worksheets.
6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Budgie!

I sent you an email but I also wanted to reply here. I am glad you are giving CBT another try. Be sure to take notes on the program while working through as you will not be able to review sessions. Also, try to complete one session a week. Take your time with the program. How is it going so far?
Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I am new to this site and am giving CBT another try.  I am a 30 something female that has been having an ongoing relationship with depression since I was 18.  It's been a rollercoaster, as I start to feel "normal" again- then these thoughts come...it is quite distressing for me. I try to appreciate life the best as I can---I feel like there is nothing that I should feel so bad about in my life but the thoughts keep coming.  It is almost normal for me.  I used to think that everyone feels like that sometimes but apparently that isn't normal.

I have tried lots of things to try and help myself out over the years-working out, getting out more, etc...but often lose motivation.

I myself am afraid of getting into a relationship-I often feel as if this depression is something that I don't want to put others through.  Already I've told my family and friends how I feel they often become very worried.  As a result I have isolated myself quite a bit.  I like children but I feel like I would be an unfit mother if I was to experience a bad depressive episode.  So I say to myself, what's the point of getting into a relationship or getting married??

Anyways yeah.  That's why I am here.  Sorry if I was rambling but I feel this is a good place to let things out.

I look forward to posting on here with you.

Reading this thread: