Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

3 things I have observed about my depression

9 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome,

I am glad you found us. You don't have to go through this alone. I am sorry to hear how you are feeling. It sounds like you are feeling a bit hopeless and overwhelmed right now. I can't imagine how you push yourself everyday when you are feeling this way. Amazing work for coming here and trying to find a way out of this. You are one strong lady!

It sounds like you have some good goals.Eating healthy, exercising and doing this program will all help! It's also great that you are tackling things one task at a time - great strategy! One thing that may help is to make your goals a bit more specific. When our goals are Specifc, Measurable, Attainable, Resonant and Time stamped  (SMART) then we are more likely to achieve them. So for exercise, what will you do and for how long? How may times a week? For how many weeks? How will you reward yourself once you achieve that goal? And for eating? How are you going to eat a bit healthier? Perhaps cutting out sugary drinks? Or maybe trying to eat a number of veggies a day? What small goal are you willing to commit to today? And now the program, how much time will you spend on it a day or a week?

Put some thought into making some SMART goals and please share if you feel comfortable.

I am looking forward to reading more from you!

Take care,

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome to our little group. I like your goals. Especially the one about handling one task at a time. It is like handling one day at a time. Interesting that you mention making phone calls. This is a problem for me as well. I have this belief that people will reject me on phone calls. This fear of the person on the other end saying NO to any request I might have. What is crazy is that I work in a support call center. Yep, on the phone 8 hours a day. When the phone rings at home I rarely answer it. Love that call display. While I am feeling much better after working this program for a few weeks, I want to keep going. Have a real desire to learn how to notice when I am taking a dip into depression. Then I can take action before it damages my relationships and work life.
9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
1. The thought of achieving simple tasks (like making a phone call etc) seems overwhelming.

2.  I feel weighed down by the enormity of my own insignificance.

3. I would really like there to be a "restore to factory settings" button on me.

Hello from my sofa. My sofa is my default place these days. This is my second bout of depression in three years and I kind of feel a bit of a fraud about it, as my life now is not nearly as awful, stressful and hard as it was three years ago.

Yet, I do have some classic depression triggers going on:
I've been out of work for a year, constant rejection from job applications really takes its toll.
I'm a lone parent - although I am now in a supportive relationship.
I have a child on the Autism Spectrum - did you know parents of teenage boys with Asperger's Syndrome are more likely to suffer from social isolation, depression, anger and anxiety?
I am in receipt of Social Security Benefits - this provides about enough to live on, but the bills just keep on coming. Money worries are almost always present.
I have low self esteem, eat myself silly and am consequently very overweight.

I'm now on 60mg Prozac a day. My aims are to do a little exercise every day, to tackle things one task at a time, to eat a little healthier, and now to follow this programme. 

Reading this thread: