Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello Everyone

10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the DC community Gailerina!  I'm glad you found this site and are motivated to work through both programs as well as reaching out to members in both communities (this and the PC centre).  

I fully agree with ~m as she emphasized taking some time to yourself to rest and treat yourself to some relaxation as much as you can.  Have you tried gentle exercises like yoga or mediation? What have you found helpful?

Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Gailerina...

First off I have to thank you for posting the link to the Faithful song.  What a beautiful song!  Listening to it helped me "see" you a little bit better. Clearly, in your faith, you have an important core strength.  So much sorrow and loss to endure in such a short period of time.  I'm glad you made your way to these sites.  I know I have found a great deal of help and encouragement here and certainly hope you will as well.  

You sound intelligent and focused so I know you will do well with the program.  Finding the time to work on yourself must be very difficult with all the responsibilities you carry.  Please try to remember that you deserve every second of time needed to gain rest, peace, and good health.  We are all here to listen, learn, and encourage as best we can.  I'm glad you found us and look forward to reading your posts.  

(I call my shrink a "pdoc" ... who can spell the whole thing out anyway!  )
10 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here. I am over on the anxiety board, but decided to start this program as my real issue is depression. Anxiety just starts because of it. I am thinking of doing both programs to see if they would be beneficial.

I see a therapist a few times a month and I saw a shrink (I do apologize of that word offends people, I just dislike typing the whole thing out). I was not a fan of him, after talking to me for like 20 minutes he gave me a prescription. I did fill it (this was on Saturday) but I have not taken any of the meds. It is a generic form of Wellburtin. I am to start taking 150mg a day for a week then start taking 300mg.

I am not against medication at all, I am a person with a science mind, even though I am a Christian. I am just trying to get to a more holistic (sp?) life style. I have recently started to slowly move to an organic eating style. I know I will never be 100% organic, since who knows where I will be eating for certain events. I have been taking 400mg of SAM-e for about a week. I want to try SAM-e for at least a month to month and half to see if it will work before going the anti-depressants route. I think what annoyed me with the Shrink was he said all supplements have proven to be in-effective, though the only one he mentioned was St. John's Wart or whatever it is called. I am educated person and have done research. SAM-e has a lot of excellent clinical trials and is actually a prescription med in Europe. It has less side effects then the other anti-depressions. I just want to give it a try.

About myself: I work in HR, but hate my job. I feel stuck and I am working on leaving. It has nothing to do with my degrees and I am unpaid, which my therapist believes is part of my problem. I am a part-time student working on my 2nd Masters. Thankfully classes are over in a few weeks and I don't have to worry about making myself do homework until February if I continue with my education. Part of my issues I know is next week is the 2 year anniversary of my dad's death and I was extremely close to him. I am left in charge of my mother, which is like caring for a child at times (I don't want kids). I have a lot of stress in my life, which I know is what makes things worst for me.

I am hoping a combination of all the things I am doing will be beneficial to me :)

Reading this thread: