Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

hummingbirds

12 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ivyandoak for the chuckle over a hummingbird doing an activity tracker   I don't think I've ever seen a depressed hummingbird either.  Thanks for posting and offering your insights for what works best for you in the program.  I look forward to hearing more.
12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ivyandoak,

Glad the activity tracker is a nice reminder that the quit process is certainly not all challenging ; many members abide by the 'one day at a time' philosophy because they find that they do in fact experience the waves and crests you mention.

It's great that you're finding the homework most helpful! What else can you do this weekend to help you feel focused and constructive?

Please keep us posted.

Sonia
12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks. Glad to be here.  
Most challenging: writing in my activity tracker and not hiding it from my family.
Most helpful: Well, everything's been great so far. But I'd have to say the "homework" is the best. It makes me feel focussed and constructive.
Second most helpful: Activity Tracker because it shows me that it's not all down, down, down. That the waves have crests.

12 years ago 0 270 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ivyandoak,

So glad to hear you've been working through the homework and that you're happy to have found the site! What have you found most help and most challenging so far in the program?

Please share with us.

Sonia
12 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello,

I've just finished my first week's homework with DC. Already a big improvement. Sitting on my deck watching the rufous hummingbirds flash by while I work on my activity tracker. Wonder how many more pages a day a hummingbird would need? Of course, I've never seen a depressed hummingbird.
Happy to have found this site. 

Reading this thread: