Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Hoping this will help

13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greg

Thanks.  I love your motivational video.  There are not too many things that I see or here that bring out a true deep smile from me but that video did.  Thank you for posting it. :)

S

13 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Serenity,

You'll find you're not alone here. Eventually you'll see that you're not alone there, either.

Greg

Thank you M

We all have to stick together because together we can all be stronger.
Thanks Helena

3 years of a lot of hard work on myself has brought me to this point.  In the last year though I actually embraced my illness and have come to accept it.  I know I have a lot of work still to do as this is a never ending process.  

For me the best possible outcome will be stability and to become social again instead of hiding in my house when I am not at work.  I need to stop existing and start living again or should I say living well and not through an over medicated manic haze. Also if I can help even just one person with my story and my struggle then it is all worth it.  
13 years ago 0 221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi serenity,

Welcome to the forums. We're glad you're here and posting.

You will meet people here who will understand the feeling of isolating you're experiencing. Come to the forums and post whenever you need to. We are all here for you.

I encourage you to start doing the program as soon as possible. There lots of information and homework to help you through the feelings you are experiencing.

What made you well enough to seek the support of others?  What would the best possible outcome be?

Helena, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Serenity.  I'm glad you are here.  This is a great place to find support and a community that really cares and understands.
I was diagnosed with sever depression 15 years ago and probably should have been diagnosed even earlier so I have been dealing with this for what seems like forever.  I know that I will never be off medication for this illness and after 12 years of medication experiments I finely have a cocktail that works fairly well and keeps me somewhat stable if there can be such a thing.  But all the drugs in the world cant take away the feeling of being different and isolated from the world.  The people closest to me have worked very hard as have I in trying to understand and come to terms with this illness and I love them for it.  Yet no one can really understand unless you live it.  I have felt so alone in the great abyss for so long and the funny thing is it never even occurred to me that there may actually be support groups for us.  I guess I am well enough to seek that out now and I am hoping that I can connect to people who know and understand what it is like just like me.  Perhaps in doing so I will no longer feel so alone in the world. 

Reading this thread: