Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

14 years ago 0 199 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the group Maddie.  I too have anxiety when I wake up in the morning and it does get better as the day goes on.
I do not know what to do for it except to get up and get moving around.  I am still working on it and looking for answers.  I have just started looking at the sister site for panic, anxiety, etc. today so I do not have any answers yet.  You might want to look at that site also.  Its at the top of page listed under more help.   This is a good program and a great group.  I look forward to reading your posts and getting your input.

Red
14 years ago 0 224 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Maddie and welcome to the Depression Center!

You have come to the right place to find support from individuals who are going through similar experiences as you are. You can feel free to come here and share what you are going through, or just listen anytime you need to. Have you had a chance to look through the program? It can be a useful tool for understanding your depression and how to deal with it. Let us know if you have the chance to take a look, read through it and do some of the homework.

We do have Group Session Discovery on the forum, where members share their experience with various sessions of the program. You are more than welcome to join and share your thoughts
We are always here for support and knowledge and look forward to hearing from you.

Also, you mentioned that you are also dealing with anxiety disorder and some panic attacks. Did you know that we have a sister site geared specifically towards anxiety and panic? Feel free to take a look at it. The set up is similar to this site, but the program is geared specifically to panic and anxiety: http://www.paniccenter.net/ 

Come back often and let us know how you are doing!

Luciana, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 271 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know all about the morning anxiety.  I think for me it was the dread of the day and a kickstart to move my bum.  I find it is worse when I have to do something I don't really want to do (or comfortable with) (for example, when I was attending the Group Therapy Program, or when I had a job where the boss was abusive).  What helps, I don't know, just keep going, remember to breath and talk to someone, family, friends, the people here or your doctor.
We are always pleased to make new friends on this site and we will always listen with an open mind and heart.  We will be honest in our responses and we attempt to understand what you are going through.
Welcome Maddie and take care.
14 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Am new to this group-am suffering from depression and anxiety disorder with some panic attacks as well.  Am wondering if anyone experiences worse anxiety symptoms upon waking in the morning-this seems to be the worst time for me and the anxiety lessens somewhat as the day progressess. Any suggestions for coping?

Reading this thread: