Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Trying again

18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bergen, I am glad that you found your way back to the site. I think you should concentrate not on your weight but why you feel depressed. Eating is just a symptom of depression and once you get to the root of your problem then you can worry about your weight. As I tell my two daughters, BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN!!! Sharon
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bergen you sound like you are going through a pretty rough time at the moment i just wanted to say im here if you need a chat i know it can be lonely at times.Take care.Gabbi.
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I guess I posted this to the wrong place yesterday. I'll try again. I've been here before and am surprised to find myself back. I just was discharged by my psychiatrist two weeks ago after a year on Wellbutrin (stopped two months ago) and I was doing fine. Now, my only close friend is moving to another state, my mothter is dying, and I'm single and desperately lonely. I hate to go back on meds because, despite its reputation, I gained 30 lbs. on Wellbutrin after having successfully lost 70 lbs. just 5 years ago. Now I can't lose the weight despite working out hard at the gym 3 days a week and being careful about my diet. The thought of GAINING more weight makes me depressed. I hate the way I look, I hate being alone, and I feel myself sinking back into that black hole. So here I am again.

Reading this thread: