Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Hi

17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, I know how it feels to be depressed as I've experience it twice, but don't be scared, it's just a PHASE !, it will pass by as soon as you deal with it and do what your doctor wants you to do. It's important to believe that this is a phase and short period in your life, remember being depressed is not a sign of weakness. take it easy, fighter
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on quitting smoking!!! My husband and I quit 5 months ago, and I know that is at least a factor in my depression this time. It is such a major life change, and yet SO POSITIVE in the long run!!! Please don't let yourself minimize your accomplishment, it is [u]HUGE[/u]!! :D
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Welcome to the Depression Center! Just like our sister site, start working through our program. Post, ask questions, reach out and we will reach back. We will support you through this journey. Chin up. Danielle ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady. I'm new to this site myself, but just wanted to say hello and CONGRATULATIONS for quitting smoking! I am still smoking at the moment but would like to be able to quit. You have a great deal of willpower to keep that up, and you should be proud of yourself for doing that!
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well.. I guess the mods already know me. I will introduce myself to the rest of you. I went to the doctor yesterday and he diagnoised me as being depressed. I quit smoking over 15 months ago and have attributed everything I've been feeling to that quit. Others have told me I need serious mental help (from stop smoking site) and I have been fighting them tooth and nail. I have blaimed quitting smoking for everything I have been feeling and apparently those at the other site were right and I was wrong. I can no longer show my face there. They were so mean in their conviction that I needed mental help and I got so frustrated defending myself. And now I have to face the fact that they were right and their crewl remarks were the truth. I am extremely embarrased and I haven't been able to stop crying since leaving the Dr.s office. I am trying to work and trying to function. Not doing to well. I have even thought of saying forget it all and going back to the smoking but I guess that is a totally different issue. I feel so foolish. I guess that is it for now.

Reading this thread: