Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

newbie here

18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mel, i have never known anyone on lexapro, but you might try looking it up on the net. you may be able to get some general info. just make sure you tell your doc everything you are feeling so he can make sure your meds are level. don't let yourself feel like a zombie. :) kelly
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Josie and Kelly, I went to the drs Wednesday and he put me on 10mg of Lexapro..he told me to try that for a few weeks and see what I feel like...has anyone used Lexapro before? Are there any side effects...or feelings I should be "warned" about...Thanks again for being here...Melody
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mel, welcome to the site. i'm sorry things aren't going well for you right now. "kicking" the mood isn't always as easy as it sounds, although a positive attitude that it can be done is a good start. if it was that easy none of us would be here. i know that meds are a scary thing, but i have been on meds for over 8 years now, and have never felt like a zombie, so it is possible. i don't ever want to go back to where i was 8 years ago, and if i have to take medication every day to stay away from that i will. it isn't any different than someone who has to take insullin for diabetes. so, as long as you find a doctor who is able to regulate your meds it's ok. please don't think about doing anything to yourself. i know it can be a thought for many of us at times, but there are people out there who would want you to stay around. keep me updated on how you're doing. we are an accepting and helpful group! :) kelly
18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Melody, Welcome to The Depression Center. We thank you for sharing your story with us today. This support group is full of supportive individuals who may be able to help you answer some questions regarding depression. Have you made an appointment to see a doctor? In the meantime please feel free to roam the site at your own pace. If you look to the left of the screen under "TOOLS" you will find many supportive tests. These tests are not diagnostic tools and are not a replacement or substitute for a physicians advice. The purpose of these tests is to prepare you with information that you can present to your physician. When you're finished the test, you can either print your Final Report or email it directly to your doctor. This may better assess the situation for you both. We also have developed a Depression Program. Each session is based on the previous session, so we strongly advise that you work slowly through the program and not jump ahead. If you have any questions or concerns with our "TOOLS" you can contact our support department at support@depressioncenter.net. Take care and we hope to hear from you soon. Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I would like to know how to kick this depression mood I am in. I recently stopped smoking. (I dont know if this intensified it or not,) But I have been depressed now for about 1 year. I had a major anxiety attack last June. I took myself to the ER room, I thought I was dying...It was awful, I used to get them when I was younger so this came on so suddenly and strong..I had forgotten how scarey they are...When I was in my 20's I was so heavily medicated and "zombied"...for depression..(my first husband mentally abused me and shattered my self-esteem.) I fought so hard to claw my way up to the top of that barrel of life..(got a divorce 3 years ago and remarried since then) I thought I had it licked, but it is back full force. I dont want to go through this again, I'm afraid to take meds. Right now I am taking Xanax the lowest dosage and splitting it in half...so I only take a half every 9-12 hours. I know I am not alone cuz I see other people are going through the same thing...but I DO NOT want to go through this again...I dont want to be that ZOMBIE that I hate...My husband is a super positive, very "all about me" personality...so talking to him...just makes me feel more alone...In a nutshell...life is NO fun and I just dont feel like I wanna be around anymore (dont think I would be missed except for dinner not being ready)....sorry for whining...but thanks for listening Melody :confuse:

Reading this thread: