Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Missed Meds

13 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone.

I find that a daily pill container beside my computer (where I usually go first thing everyday) and then I am always reminded to take them and also since they are separated by day I know if I miss any days also.  Usually if I do miss a day I know within a few hours though as I get a brutal migraines.  I am always worried about taking it late though that I am taking them too close together and that can be bad, should probably ask the pharmacist about that.  

I think for the police issue I would make sure that I had a separate compartment for them in my purse with nothing else in it.   I can't imagine anything worse then being arrested for following doctor's orders, lol.

Stacy
13 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I have a pill holder and if I move it - I'm in trouble(I don't move it - I bought another one for travel).  But sometimes I have to go and look to see if I took it.  
I'd like to carry just one of each in my purse or two even, but one is a controlled substance (benzo) and I don't want to get caught with it not in it's proper container or a police officer seeing the bottle as I get my license out if stopped for something and think I am under the influence.  In the US, can get a DUI for being under the influence of prescription medications.  lol, I haven't had a speeding ticket or anything in years - am I being paranoid.

13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am going to get a little pill holder too :)
13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just forgot my meds a couple days ago, but my little pill holder came to the rescue!
13 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good idea thanks! I do that often!
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Sally!

Also great reminder!

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 121 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all,

I just wanted to mention (as I am sure many of you know), missed meds can be scary! I accidentally forgot to take my meds this morning, and I regretted it all day. When I was about 8 hours late for my meds, I was starting to feel really down and blah. The first thing I did was take my meds when I got home. While I was out, I made sure to buy a small pill jar to keep in my purse so this doesn't happen again. I put 2 of each kind of med in it. Now, if I miss taking the meds at home, I have a backup plan. 

Reading this thread: