Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Get back to work after 1 year absent

12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ashley. I am attending yoga classes and I am enjoying it so much because I am able to relax. I always look forward to the yoga classes which are a pleasant activity for me (unlike going to the gym). Medication is helping me a little bit even thought I think I still need to find the right meds. I also have hope on the CBT program of the DC as I think would learn how to challenge negative thoughts and change some behaviors.

I still need to work on some areas, especially setting medium to long term goals. During the last years I have been stuck in life because of the lack of objectives. I do not know what I want in life and lack the motivation to find objectives and interests in life. But I know I have to make some changes and try new behaviors to get better.
12 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eleveno,

Thank you for posting this. Good for you for taking this one day at a time; that attitude will be helpful to you now.  Working on the program and posting often will also help you cope. What are some coping strategies you are using now that are working for you? What are some areas you still need to work on?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I get back to work 3 months ago after 1 year absent due to a nervous breakdown. The breakdown was caused after several years being depressed without getting treatment and by a lot of stress at work. I have to say that the come back was not easy and still today I am learning again how to face my job. It has been days in what I want is to be in sick leave because I can't handle the pressure. Now I am living one day at a time and each day in my job is a victory. I have hope that things start looking a little better in the future.

Reading this thread: