Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Integrating CBT in a journal format plus some worksheets

10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great to hear! All your hard work is paying off.

I would love it if we could have an app too! We will have to wait in see what the new year brings.
Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley

I found useful the mood tracker and activity trackers tools which I still use. The application on the mobile phone was not of very pratical use, so I will keep using DC for all my needs . Maybe people from Evolution Health could launch in a near future an application of DC for mobile phones.

Anyway, I was just checking the graphs of the mood tracker tool on the last months and depression is really under control, which is really nice and especially because I am still withdrawing seroquel.
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for sharing this with us Eleveno.

I'm curious, when you were just starting out what kinds of tracking did you find helpful?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I already saw that I will be on CBT for the long haul for the sake of managing symptoms of depression which I am very prone to. Journaling is one of the most important aspects of CBT and writing about my emotions and feelings is very therapeutic indeed.

I want to integrate all what I have learned here and the tools I use in a journal like manner format and in the most simplistic possible way. Right now I am using a very simple application on my mobile phone where I add journal entries. I already added one entry with my general objectives that I am working on so they can always be visible. I added another entry where I maintain a daily register of the elements similar to the mood tracker tool available here on DC. On this last entry I could also journal about my daily life and work through problems or other aspects that I want to write about.

Meanwhile I will keep using thought records and the activity tracker tool when needed. Generally I do not use these tools daily, only when things start getting ugly but I always keep several printed worksheets at home and at work in case of necessity.

Reading this thread: