Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Other Treatment Options

11 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it is great to make everyone aware of a full spectrum of therapies for depression. I would just like to add regular physical activity and exercise to this list. 

I have found that for me, exercising everyday has really helped to improve my mood and my capacity for dealing with other problems in my life. Although my motive was solely to improve my mental health, I also lost some weight and now feel more confident about my physical appearance (not bad side-effects!).

I admit, it was difficult at first to get started on a physical exercise regime, considering I had been so inactive for so long.  My goal when I began was to exercise just three times a week, and over the course of several months I have bumped it up to seven days a week. I do an assortment of activities (sometimes just walking), most of which I can do outside, because fresh air is also very important for my personal well-being.   

I encourage everyone who is suffering from depression to get active. As long as you don't push yourself beyond your limits, the results a guaranteed to be positive for your body and mind! 
11 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In addition to the support you’re receiving online, from outside therapy and medication; many other alternative therapies exist to help alleviate the symptoms of depression. They include, but are not limited t
•    Yoga, Meditation, Reiki, Tai Chi, Ayurveda, Massage
•    Aromatherapy
•    Magnet Therapy, Light therapy, ESR
•    Herbal supplements, nutritional therapy and Chinese medicine
•    Acupuncture

At this time we would like to remind all our members that although taking herbal supplements, Chinese medicine or making changes in your diet has been beneficial to some, it is not always safe. For this reason, it is always highly recommended to consult your doctor or pharmacist before pursuing any naturopathic regiment as it may conflict with other current health conditions and/or medications you are taking.

What other treatment methods have you tried? What did you think of it?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: