Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,473 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

How to use the Mood Tracker Tool

11 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love Eleveno's approach to doing the mood tracker.  You make it sound like fun!  I have not been good about keeping up with it everyday.  That's going to change.  Thanks Eleveno!
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wooohoooo! Even your wife is noticing how well you are doing?!  Very, very nice Eleveno I hope you two celebrate this in some special way. You deserve it.

And look at you doing all this right brain thinking! Very creative way of looking at though records. Thank you for sharing.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ashley,

I can write about my experience here so other people have an idea and choose their own method.

Let’s get creative here.

I see myself as a reporter who was hired to report my progress. I have to write an article (entry) everyday and submitted it to the journal (mood tracker). As a good reporter it is important to be impartial and do not make any judgments.

The topic of each article is a description of the best and worst moments of the day. Typically I describe what I was doing or what have I have done that conducted to those moments. I can also write about what I was thinking or any strong emotions I felt during those moments. I can even add any other observations that I think are relevant.

To make it a habit I chose a particular time of the day to write my articles (entries). Usually I do it in the mornings. As I need to login on the Depression Center to submit the entries I usually take this time to visit the forums to read the last posts and write something if I want to.

Because I do not lack self-motivation (on the contrary) I had to establish a limit of 30 minutes maximum to both write my article (entry) and visit the forums. But I remember in the beginning of the program when I did not have this motivation (because I was very depressed) and I had to make a deal with my editor (DC) to submit an article (entry) everyday independently of my mood.

P.S. I must be doing something correct because my wife said this week for the first time in 2 years that I was fine and no longer depressed (that’s the way I feel also). But I know depression is a serious illness and I will have to keep doing my CBT activities on the months ahead to keep the gains and prevent any relapse.
11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing Eleveno,

The Mood Tracker is a great tool and it can be adapted to work for each individuals needs. Is there any tips you can give some of the newbies on how you use the tool?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do not know how other people use the Mood Tracker Tool but in my case it is the most important CBT activity that I have. It is also the only activity that I can't skip.

The Mood Tracker Tool gives me the opportunity to reflect on the best and worst moments of the day writting my observations.

Reading this thread: