Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

Weekend

13 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m,

This was a super little thing to write about! Great insight on your part and probably will motivate others to use the tracker too! I like your strategy to plan ahead. Being realistic is part of being successful.

Keep up the good work!

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1022 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha,

Thanks for the reminder to use the mood tracker.  I have fallen back into thinking I will remember what I was feeling days later.  Ha.  Sometimes, I can't remember 10 minutes ago. 

One of the things that I did learned from successfully completing a mood tracker for each day ... was that early mornings are my best time of day (when I get up)... so now I try to remember that and make myself get up early (even if it is just to have coffee and sit on the couch) instead of staying in bed until later.  I also noticed that early afternoon is my very worst time of day.  

This sounds like a stupid little thing to write about, but it has helped me.  Now I notice how prone I am to negative thoughts in the afternoons and am a little better about challenging those thoughts.  I also know that the high energy in the morning won't last all day so I need to be more realistic about what I can accomplish with my day.

I've gotten lazy about the written homework, so I appreciate the reminder to keep these darn trackers and charts and things. (I always reserve the right to whine in the direction toward which I will, indeed, eventually, go.)

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

The Mood Tracker is a very important tool that can help you note changes in your mood - and it can help you and your therapist begin to see exactly how you're feeling. It's important to use the Mood Tracker daily because it's very hard, if not impossible, to track your mood the day after because we often forget the minor details - especially if you're depressed.

Are there any bright spots in your day at all? Do you feel depressed 100% of the time? If you're depressed 99% of the day then make sure you use your Mood Tracker to note what you were doing for the 1% of the day when you momentarily felt not as depressed. This is hard work, but if you use the Mood Tracker you and your therapist can begin to work on slowly making changes in your life that will decrease your depression and increase the amount of time that you feel better.

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: