Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,511 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Cool Beans

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AWESOME!!!!
And it's awesome to hear success stories like yours....it keeps us going to work toward those things we aspire to do.
Thanks for sharing!

14 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey k13 I agree kewl beaners!! It always helps when things you put your heart in turn out right. It sounds hilarious. Keep it up!
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely talented!

A great success story, thanks for sharing!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is kind of a weird accomplishment, but this has been a big reason to smile lately.

For my final project in my video class, I got struck really strongly with this idea to do one starring a trio of "talking" beanie babies (I'm kind of a big kid). Basically one gets lost and the other two are trying to find him. When I told my mom about the idea, she was kind of disturbed (Is this going on your RESUME???), and I thought my class was going to be thinking, "Oh boy, here we go again with another weird video." I actually did a similar one at the beginning of the semester when I had little time and no actors handy.

So I filmed this the other weekend, and it was fun (at least for the first four straight hours; after that, it got pretty nightmarish), and we had our rough cuts due this past week to get critiques from classmates.

Man, my class was rolling with laughter! I got a pretty good round of applause when it was done. It has a lot of slapstick/goofy humor, and I was laughing to tears from showing it. My professor was all impressed with how good it looked, especially in comparison to my earlier video. I actually did all the voices for the rough version since I was in a hurry, but when I asked if there was any guy in the class who wanted to play the part for the one stuffed animal of the three that's male, this one guy volunteered right away! I even had another guy from my class ask me today if I'd already had all my voice actors set up, and he sounded disappointed when I said I was all set!

So, yes. I made a beanie baby movie cool. That's definitely awesomeness right there. And I really put my heart into it, so it makes me very happy that people like it.

Reading this thread: