Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-19 2:20 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 8:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,402 Members

Please welcome our newest members: INeedCoffee0120, GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE

Sensitivity and shyness

4 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Perth,

Great question. I think all of the information in the Anxiety, Depression and More Help sections can help. For the Anxiety and Depression programs, it is best to do the sessions in order. However, I do think Session 4 in the Depression program (Negative Thinking) which covers Cognitive Distortions might be especially helpful. Also, The last two sessions of the Depression program would be helpful if negative core beliefs are impacting your thoughts around social interactions. Also, Session 2 (Relationships) and 3(Resolving Disputes) in the More Help section might be especially helpful. Lastly, Session 3 (Challenging Negative) in the Anxiety program may be especially helpful to you as well. There is a lot of information to cover so be sure to take your time with it.

Let me know if you this helpful and please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Thanks,

Ashley

4 years ago (Edited 4 years ago) 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Ashley,

thank you so much for your reply. I checked that out, quite useful! I am wondering, if there is any more information relaxed to sensitivity, e.g. why this happens, and how to put things into perspective when people say something and you dont know, what to let to your heart and what not.. Can you or anyone relate?

thank you so much

*related* (apologies for typos.. silly auto-correction that I haven’t yet figured out how to switch off..)

4 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Perth,

Great question. Many people with Anxiety also suffer from Social Anxiety, Shyness and/or sensitivity. We still have the information for mentioned. It is in the "More Help" section. When you are logged in and in the HOME section you can see all the available programs on the middle menu (Depression, Anxiety, Quit Smoking and More Help). Once you click on More Help, the Shyness and Sensitivity information is in the 4th butterfly. We are still working on navigation; so, this will eventually be more intuitive.

You can also use the same tools in the Depression and Anxiety programs to apply to your situation. For example, Thought Records in Depression program; and Questions to Challenge Anxiety in the Anxiety program. These tools can be applied to your thoughts when you are feeling socially anxious. If you can examine and work on the thoughts you have when you are feeling anxious or sad then with practice the feelings will lessen. I encourage you to work on both programs as it will all start to make more sense once the programs are complete.

If you have any other questions please share.

Thanks for posting,

Ashley

4 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

There have been some more information about sensitivity and shyness on your website I believe which I unfortunately never got to read.

I think I am too sensitive to everything people around me say or do. Just everything makes me scared, overwhelmed and endlessly sad.

Is there any information available as to why this happens and how to stop it?

if so, can you share them somehow?

thank you so much!

Reading this thread: