Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

wake up call

14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey noori,

Yes!  I thought I was back too, but have had signs that I'm not but have been ignoring (as in still dealing with depression).

One good thing about my mouth is that even though I'm tired, I'm measured with diplomacy.  But completely honest.  Sometimes I'm worried about how that comes across, but it's given me a great job!  So don't worry too much.  Be yourself, and then some.  Understand when you're down, that you might want to be quieter and listen more.  But use your down time as information gathering time and speak when you feel you have something to offer. 

And you have a lot to offer.  Believe in yourself, and take care of yourself.

deb
14 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
<hugs>

I hope you're proud that you're back and willing to start up again! Especially in the case of this program, it's something that takes a lot of time and expecting full attention to it the whole time is probably not realistic. I'm sure falling out of the swing of things from time to time is more normal than not.

Anyway, I totally know what you mean by drifting out of something, then having to come back. I usually get real down about something like that, so that's why I admire you for realizing it and being ready to get back into the program. I'm in crunch time with school stuff right now myself, and it's definitely the kind of thing that pushes everything else aside.

Good luck getting back on track and everything! :)  Just be patient with yourself.
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Noori,

Often when people experience a setback they feel like they’re back to square one. This is definitely not the case, and like all negative thoughts, thoughts like this can and should be challenged. In reality, if you completed sessions 1-9 and did the homework, it’s almost impossible to go back to square one. You’ve learned too much and accomplished too much to ever  go back to where you started. Your symptoms will likely never be as bad as they once were and they’ll most likely never have the same control over your life as they once did.

When you experience a setback, understand what’s happening to you and why. Then, work your way out of the setback by using the same tools and techniques that have helped in the past. 

If you experience a setback, return to this program and:

* review the sessions that seem most important
    * talk to someone in the Support Group
    * use the strategies that you found most helpful
    * use the general problem solving skills discussed in Session 7
    * consult with your family doctor or other mental health professional

Strive forward and lean on us for support!

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey all, 
I've had a major setback, I thought I was doing really great for a few weeks (well, in comparison to before) and I neglected the activity tracker and mood calendar for the weeks during exams and WHAM straight back to square one.   The worst part by far is that I didn't even realize it until today!!!  I would say i've been in a very bad place for the last few days and its terrifying to think that I've been interacting with people and have no idea how I came across to them.  At least this time I know the steps to get back on track..... does this happen to anyone else? you stop thinking about it and it comes back full force? scary to think that this state is the default for my brain :S...... need to change that asap. 
Noori 

Reading this thread: