Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

forward and back

14 years ago 0 1044 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb,  I am glad you checked in also.  It seems you got a day of fun activities planned, try to make the best of them.  I know it is hard!!!!

I agree with Samantha, sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now.  However, I do think getting to the bottom of some issues or at least identifying them is important. I guess one might say I compartmentalized mine.  As the issues came spewing forth, I knew I was overwhelmed, I made a list, a one word list, concentrating on all the issues.  Then I expounded on them.  We are working through them one by one, based on my prioritizing them.  It makes it seem more manageable. 
It is just a suggestion.

Hang in there, keep us posted!
lol, I keep wanting to type my real name. 

14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think therapy can take us to difficult places, but it needs to be done.  I didn't realize I had stored up so much sadness.....

Game plan for today: force myself into the shower, go to the beach with my 6 year-old and adopted dog, and go out for ice cream after that.  Not one of these things I want to do.  I'm kind of in "staring at things" mode.  But I'm going to make myself do it anyway.  It's a beautiful day and it might help.  Worth a try anyway.

Thanks for writing Samantha
Deb
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi deb,

Thank you for checking in and updating us. It is good to hear news from you. It sounds like there are some major changes going on in your life more recently. Reaching a deep place with your therapist will hopefully enable you to deal with the issue and move forward. 

How has this recent development with the therapist affected your progress? What is your game plan?

We are always here for you deb, do check in soon.

Samantha, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't posted for awhile.  I've been working really hard at putting back the pieces of my life.  I'm posting because hopefully it will help others and myself.

I was doing really well.  Posting here, seeing my therapist, on antidepressants which I dreaded going on and put off until I couldn't think of anything else.  I got through the house catching on fire, my dad developing congestive heart failure, still dealing with my son's mystery illness, giving up my other job, accepting the new responsibilities of the new position.  Got through it.  I functioned.  I woke up every morning, and got through.

This week though, everything calmed down.  And I can't stop crying.  I guess I see this as progress because I couldn't cry before.  I couldn't call much feeling up at all before.  I'm having trouble waking up again, and getting into the shower.  But I'm also waking up at 4am everyday and hoping to go back to sleep..... which I do about 1 1/2 hours later which gives me about another hour of sleep.

So.  Finally hit a deep place with the therapist this week that seemed to open up the dam.  It's a place that I really really thought I'd already done my work in, but apparently there's more to do.    Fun.

Love you guys.  Sorry if this is a little disjointed.  I'm tired but really needed to check in and connect with all of you.
deb

Reading this thread: