Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Improving Time Management Skills

10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Time management is something I definitely need to focus on! I like those tips.

My style of assignments is do 50-75% in the weeks leading up to the due date and the rest in the day or two before. I always somehow managed to get them all done on time and at a high standard, but it stressed me out to the max and I know I could've done better if I'd tried harder, which leads to disappointment.

Uni doesn't start here until late February, so I still have over 6 months to organise myself. I've been doing lots of cleaning and organising around the house which makes me feel like I've accomplished something. And a decluttered house means a decluttered mind for me.

Kaitie.
10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I keep a time log of what I do, and compare to what I did the day before, so I can adjust my pace, and other things.

Today I was so rushed, I didn't notice a hole in a cornmeal package I bought, so I'll have to return it.  This particular store just doesn't cut it in terms of quality, but the prices are good, so I have to return.  Returns are a good thing to take care of when my energy level is lower, as is the mundane task of shopping.  Shopping is a challenge as I watch others on their smartphones, making stores more competitive.  I just print a sheet of paper, from an original list, since I can handle only so much change.

Quality of life is more important than jamming in more stuff in a space of time.  I don't want to be any where near people who are stressing themselves to "pack things" into their life, since this just creates a cesspool of negativity.  Employers are starting to see the results of unreasonable pressures, as people become ill, with repercussions in the company, civil litigation, etc
10 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the past week, we’ve been talking about stress management. A great preventative strategy for stress is to buff up on your time management skills. Here are a few tips:

-    Stop procrastinating: If it takes a certain mood to be productive, help yourself get into it. Turn on your Mp3 player, take a walk before you sit down to put your nose to the grindstone. Whatever it takes to get the project done now.
-    Plan ahead: Having a clearly written plan of attack for a project can be helpful and help you stay productive. It can also give you clear direction as to what step in the project to tackle next. Also don’t forget to allocate 1-3 hours extra of time just in case the project takes longer than expected. This will help you avoid turning it in late.
-    Keep a time log. This can be an eye opening tool! It allows you to see where you are spending your time, who interrupts you, etc…
How have you been managing your time?

Reading this thread: