Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

How did you Challenge yourself

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
I took a friend out, and she needed a lot of assistance.  Without being able to get in touch during her conference, I made back up plans.  It was hard to plan, since that old adage about adding time to your plans plagued me, as I had to do last minute things.  My car needed some vacuuming, and I cleaned the windows and cockpit.

I had to cook something ahead of time too, but was able to get things done, with leftovers for me the next day & mom.  It was emotionally tough, since I usually spend time alone, and I was standing a lot, so I was whipped the next day.  Being out, I saw so many people on a summer-like day, and felt the pulse of the city and bustle, and wish I could reproduce it, in some way.

I'll have to think of the highlights.  One was participating in the church service, and I felt relaxed there, since I'd assisted as a young adult for several years.

I guess I don't know what I'm missing, but I don't know how to replace whatever I experienced.  Maybe I can't control it?

I also tried to assert myself, and keep up my routine, since it mattered, as much as playing host.  So home chores didn't all fall my the wayside.
10 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did you challenge yourself this weekend? What did you learn

Can't think of anything? That's ok - how can you challenge yourself next weekend?

Reading this thread: