Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

How to avoid Holiday Stress Part 4

11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ashley,
I found today, that someone struck up a conversation.  The scale wasn't working at the gym, and I pointed that out, out of my negative mood.  Despite my negativity, the person was optimistic, and i felt good talking.  It's hard to shake that mood, even thought I'd exercised.  What was difficult, was that parking was impossible, so I was worried about getting dinked(again - it only happened once, so I've always been looking for those choice end spots).

Of course my car was fine.
11 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Make alone time. Take time out for yourself, even if it’s just 15 minutes. Spending alone time, without interference will keep you refreshed and in good spirits. Spend a morning alone reading, taking a warm bubble bath, participating in a yoga class or going for a relaxing walk.  These stress reducing activities will clear your mind and give you energy throughout the day.

Set realistic resolutions.
Resolutions can set you up for failure if they're unrealistic. Set realistic, attainable goals. Don’t expect to change a life time of bad habits in a few months. Start by getting back with track with a healthy routine and don’t forget that nothing worth having come easy!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: