Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Weekend Goal

11 years ago 0 218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great goals everyone.

By setting and meeting goals, you will increase self-esteem/confidence, feelings of self-control, and motivation.
You will be directing your energies in the right direction and positives will result.

Have fun this weekend, and all the best meeting your goals. 
Matthew - Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel.  I get most of my social needs met by this site.  The other social is talking with my parents on the phone, but there is very little of my time spent with people in person.  It's the internet or telephone.  I do have the Audubon club, but it's usually one day per month and that's 29 days of not being with people.  I could start a meet up for arts and crafts at the local coffee shop, but I don't know.  My daughter visits every couple of weeks, but she's off with friends, so I get a couple of hours here and there.  I know you take classes and have mentioned doing research.  I need to search for some things to meet my social needs and I like to learn new things.  I just don't know how to find a way to meet those needs.  My area doesn't have a lot going on.  Most clubs are in Northern Virginia, Washington D.C., Baltimore, etc.  Which is way too far to drive; especially if the event is at night.  I wish I could help you, but I need help in this area myself, so I'm at a loss.  Please post if you come up with some ideas and I will think about it too and post if I come up with anything.  Thanks.  Well, at least we're in the same boat which is better than being alone in a boat :)
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm going to slow down, since stress seems to be hurting my gut.  I'd like to resume the many things I want to get done, as it gets cooler, since I slowed down, with my stomach bothering me.

With my courses over, I haven't any social connections, and have to be commited to finding things to keep invigorated, socially and mentally, so I can search for some things in the new year, that will run a couple of months, at least.

This site is all I've got to hang on, and lately it feels like I'm hanging by a thread
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My goal is to quit dropping things in my shop and breaking them. One cup of hot chocolate and I turn all thumbs. One of those days when everything goes wrong. 
We are going to a Christmas craft fair tomorrow if the weather will let us. That is the plan anyway. Lots of snow or freezing rain could change that. It is only twenty minutes away. Sunny will go to the fair and I will get diesel for the tractor and pay some bills then pick her up. I don't walk good enough to spend much time at these things. 

Davit.
So much for my weekend goal.  My daughter called and is spending another night over at her friend's house and won't be back till late Saturday night, so that leaves Sunday.  I figure it will be pretty quiet that day, since everyone will most likely be stuffed from Thanksgiving leftovers and exhausted and all shopped out from Black Friday madness.  
Going out with my daughter and doing fun things this weekend, despite possible anxiety inducing crowds and traffic jams. Today is Black Friday in the U.S.  Thanksgiving is a four day weekend.  The Friday after, kicks off the start of the Christmas shopping season.  Actually, stores begin opening on Thanksgiving night at 8 p.m.  The stores offer super saving discounts which everyone falls for and there are masses and mobs of people and lines that go on for blocks and bumper to bumper traffic. Normally, I stay in and avoid the chaos, but my daughter wants to do things this weekend, so I'm just going to go for it.  I know we'll have fun.  I just don't know if I'll have anxiety in traffic or in crowds, but what I do know is I can handle it with the coping skills I've learned here.  So, it may be temporarily uncomfortable, but it's do-able and may even be enjoyable :)

11 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What is your goal for this weekend?

Reading this thread: