Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Panic Disorder

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's been years, but I get the photos developed, contact people I've been with, new friends from the trip, keep wearing te clothes I was wearing(not practical in cold climates, but it explains some stranger clothing from offfice-mates in the past) and slow down the pace.

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi justducky, 

Coming back to the pace of 'reality' after experiencing a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday is indeed difficult and can be very draining.  Take some time for yourself.  Enjoy a relaxing bath, listen to your favourite music, go for a walk, do some stretching, anything to clear your mind and help you relax. 

Members, how do you transition from holiday mode back to your every day routines at home?

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone,

I just got back from vacation in Mexico for a week.  I was pretty good while I was away, but coming back to reality I guess triggered my anxiety.  I went to work on Friday and felt so weird, paranoid, mind racing, and teary/emotional.  We got in on Thursday morning at 5am, so I didn't sleep much that night, which probably through me off.  And since I havent really settled down.  I feel so out-of-it and have been crying quite alot, and i can't focus on alot else.  I recently moved out as well so that has been a recent life change as well.  I know my body is in fight or flight mode.  How do people get themselves out of that mode?

I appreciate this group alot.  txs for being there,
JD

12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Panic disorder is a marked by recurrent discrete episodes or attacks of extremely intense fear or dread. A panic attack is a brief, sudden and unexpected event that can make a person feel as if they are going to die or go crazy.

Panic attacks produce such high levels of anxiety that they are accompanied by server physical symptoms including:
- A pounding heart
- Shortness of breath
- Sweating
- Nausea
- Chest pains

These symptoms are often so sever that it leads to persistent concern about the possibility of having additional attacks.

Please share your experiences, questions or comments with us!

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: