Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,557 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Panic Cycle

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Many of my anxious thoughts come to me while in the dream state..The are usually about family I have lost or losing the family I have left tragically...Sometimes the are about missing my family or wishing things could be different. Basically nightmares that wake me up and I find myself in a semi panicky state of mind.or very sad state of mind. I usually have to get up out of bed and then spent the day Challenging the anxious and negative thoughts..This does not happen every night but it happens more than I would like thats for sure..I am not sure what you do about anxious thoughts that come to you in your dreams. For me a good night is a night where I don't dream at all....

Red

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Samantha,

One of the things that used to set off my panic attacks was being too hot. My body would kick in to compensate. During winter you can often overheat when entering a warm room or warm vehicle. I take a lot of flack for dressing inappropriately in winter. Why wear big boots and a jacket if the car has a good heater, I'd rather be comfortable. And walking around the mall with my feet hot, not on your life. You don't see the bus driver with big boots and a parka. I do have boots and a parka in the car for emergency. No one wants to change a tire in their T shirt.

Davit.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Panic attacks are a cycle that can begin with physical sensations, thoughts or behaviours. For example, you may be taking the bus today and get very anxious thoughts about it. This can produce some of physical sensations of a panic attack, like an increased heart rate or sweating. Similarly, you may start to feel dizzy and come to the conclusion that you’re having a panic attack leading to even more anxious thinking and possible a change in behaviour (escape or avoidance). Anxious thoughts feed the panic cycle and make things worse. One way to stop the cycle is to challenge your anxious thoughts.

Samantha, Health Educator

Reading this thread: