Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Tip of the day

13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,

Thanks.  Everything went A ok at the dentist. Just one more visit after Thanksgiving to have my crown seated and that will be it for a while.  Till somethings else wears out.  Thats how it is when you are getting older..lol lol. 
How is the baby quilt project coming speaking of changes in routine?  I have finished my class and just have my binding to finish on my quilt now. Than I will be looking for a new project or class.  No more night classes for me though.  This is a change I am happy about and I sure look forward to a new project and maybe a new class in January...

Your Friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  It's good to change routine every now and then.  Change your walking route, change your furniture around, change your pictures on the wall from summer to winter scenes, go visit an elderly neighbour and bring some homemade cookies. 

Red:  hope it went well at the dentist. 

Sunny
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like this tip. I just finished being in a rut for almost a month so i"m enjoying being back to having a routine of things i enjoy. if i get into a rut, changing routine seems like a logical option.
Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist and have some reconstruction done on a tooth I broke this week.  Pretty soon I will have had a the teeth in my mouth replaced with crowns and bridges.  I am a little nervous about tomorrow so today I am going to do something to take my mind off it today and go to the swap meet this morning.  Maybe I will find a treasure of some kind who knows.  This will get me out of the house for a while and I can get a little exercise while I am at it.... See you all later...
Take care....

Red
Changing things around a bit sounds like a good idea.  The routine tasks can get a little boring and depressing thats for sure.
I do feel a lot better when I get out and do something different.  Like going to the swap meet, or going for a walk on the beach, at the lake or anywhere in nature, or starting a new project, taking a new class, starting or changing a exercise routine or something as simple as reorganizing my craft room etc. One of my favorites is going for a drive in the country kind of a day trip of sorts and even better a mini camping vacation for a couple of days......That is heaven for me....

I will be thinking some more on this thread and seeing what else I can come up with...
I wonder what everyone else does when they feel they need a change?

Red

13 years ago 0 11210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

Change your routine.  You may find the house to be an all-too welcoming haven, or your routine tasks to be comforting and easy. Your comfort zone, however, is also the place where your depression lingers, and you must try to escape it. Rising out of your comfort zone simply means that you should do things that you had never done before, such as engaging in different conversations, physical activities, watching movies alone, or even eating in a restaurant you have never been to.

How can you change your routine?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: