Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Tips for Relaxing at Work

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
At my job I've often used the deep breathing technique for myself , other staff, and sometimes even residents. I find it gives us all a few moments to calm down, think clearly and talk slower.
There is a "rule" that staff don't talk about the job in the staff room...when someone starts  complaining about it I try to  remind them gently of this policy by asking a question about  outside interests... weather, gardening, kids etc. That takes my mind off  the job for a little bit...but if there  is a big group of moaners I find it better just to leave and take a stroll around the building.
We are not allowed a radio or the internet..that sucks! but I understand why not.
Cleo
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Samantha,
I really do love these positive exercises.  I find them very helpful.  Great tips!!  I look forward to trying them all.  In answer to your question even though I am retired and not working outside of my home. I find gardening and watching the birds on the bird feeders helps reduce my stress.  So does relaxing with a magazine or something to read.  Quiet music is also good.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members,

In the past week, we’ve been talking about stress management. Learning how to better manage stressors can help decrease the intensity of stress you experience. Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your break time:

°    Practice your deep breathing. Deep breathing improves circulation and eases muscle tension.
°    Check your e-mail. Subscribe to a messaging service that will send you daily jokes or inspirational quotes. A few funny or inspiring words can help lift your spirit and gain perspective
°    Turn on your radio: Classical music has been shown to induce relaxation. Have it on in the background or tune in online. Many radio stations now have live feeds via the internet.
°    Stretch! Take a few minutes in between long tasks to take a stretch break. It can help increase alertness, improve blood flow and relieve tension.

How do you bring your stress levels down at work?

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: