Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Weekend Prep

14 years ago 0 124 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stephen,

I can relate to what you are saying. I wonder if you took things in small steps  if you could slowly get back into some of your old activities (skiing, hockey..etc). I love those activities too and although I do experience anxiety when going outside in the winter, I do once in a while because I love hockey and skating so much. But if that's not a possibility, you might want to try some other hobbies that can be done indoors. I usually like to watch movies, puzzles are great, playing cards or cribbage, painting, cooking, baking. Those are just some indoor things I do in the winter to keep busy. Of course this winter I will have this site to check out as well. 

SIM

14 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find I have more SAD then winter blues. I try to walk at lunch, sometimes through unplowed sidewalks, but I feel so much better when I do. I get very anxious during big snowstorms, and I live in the NE USA, so we get a lot. I have to force myself to get out on a snowy night, even if it's just to sit on the porch and watch the storm.  I notice the people who do a winter activity seem to not have as much winter blues. I used to play hockey, ski and totally enjoy the winters, but started having attacks doing both activities, so I stopped. Having this site to write to gives me hope I won't feel so alone this winter when I'm stuck inside.
Stephen
14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

How are you handling the winter blues? We can all learn from one another, as there are many experiences and tips to be had by all.

Are you being productive?
Are you relaxing?
What are you doing to combat cabin fever?
What are you doing for you?
Are you using the tips and tools provided?
Let us know what works for you, and see how it can provide others with different options and outlets.

Samantha, Bilingual Health Educator 

Reading this thread: