Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Success stories

10 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

There may not be snow in my avatar but trust me when I say I am surrounded by snow and cold. I am up in Thunder Bay and the weather is outrageous!

I think you are right, major life transitions do tend to bring on more stress. I also agree success is a matter of attitude. It can take time to teach yourself to see things positively but once you have that skill it becomes clear how pointless  it is to focus on the negative.

Hope you are staying warm across the country!

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ashley

Some how I think it is unfair that there is not snow in the background of your avatar. 

This morning I got a post from some one who left here a couple of years ago and still keeps in contact. She had a panic attack and was more mad and disappointed that it happened. By the end of the post she had accepted it happened and there was nothing she could do. Poof gone and probably will stay gone. But if it doesn't it will be mild next time. She has the tools she needs. To be honest I was expecting it to happen. Major upheavals in our lives take their toll more easily on those of us that have had one before. But for me and her and others a panic attack every few years is not failure. That isn't even close to what is considered normal as a guide to cured. She knows it and I know it. She is fine and the second post gave every reason why it happened and why it won't happen again. Is this progress. Yes and no because this is how it is supposed to be and how it is. This is still a success storey in my books. A big success in my big book of successes. As her friend I will help her sort out the things in this upheaval that are not important. Right now to her everything looks important. Don't we know how that works. Because life throws us curves is no reason to think three strikes and you are out. Life has no rules other than what you make.

Times up, coffee is over, back to baking and dishes. She is fine so I'll answer her post on my next break. Which in my condition won't be long.

Successes are a matter of attitude. There are worse things in life than the odd set back and hey who knows some people might never have one. It happens.

Davit  (it starts snowing again tomorrow)
10 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara,

We are lucky to have Davit around to share his success with us. I think many of the other people who benefit  the program often leave and  stop checking in as they no longer need the support. But you can try seaching the forums here. There are many success stories from the past on these boards.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
In the years that I have been here there have been successes but they have moved on, the site is no longer a part of their life. I know some still read though. And some stay in contact with me off site by Email. Those still in contact are happy with their success. Unfortunately I can't use their names without their permission and wouldn't. If you go back through successes you will find some. Not everyone posted there though, some did through me.

Davit.

It does work for anyone who sticks with it.
10 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi does anyone have success stories, that can help myself and all those suffering from anxiety give motivation for us?  We may feel that we can't get through this but maybe hearing and reading some success stories can give us some light.

Reading this thread: