Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Remembering the good times of when we did things that we loved

11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs,

Interesting discussion!

Wondering if you have discovered anything you enjoy doing now that you never thought you would do (or enjoy) compared to the past?  Davit & Red1 raise a good point about next steps in the present. 
What would you like to explore in life at the moment? 

Vincenza, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice hearing from you Red.

I remember listening to disco, and enjoying it, as the rock 'n roll people rolled their eyes.  In fact, I think I still enjoy listening to some of it.

Maybe if I remember more of the good times when I did things that I loved, the present wouldn't seem so negative, and the "filter" I use would be more inclined to be optimistic
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good idea..I have been doing a lot of that myself lately...
Slowing down and seeing what's on the other side of the tracks that is..

Just for the topics sake..I usta love to roller skate when I was a kid..It was lots if fun then. It's not something I am interested in doing in my life now and thats ok because I don't want to break a hip or something. I have things I enjoy doing more now that I have mellowed and aged a bit, that I wasn't able to do and enjoy in my younger years..It all seems to work out for the best..

My two cents worth!
Red....
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tell people I come from useta. (I useta do this and that). It's only a whistle stop on the railroad of life, not the end of the line. Recently some one pulled up the tracks, the train doesn't go to useta anymore. I'll have to travel somewhere else now. I can still get to useta but it isn't worth the trouble with so many other places to go to where I haven't been. Might even be nice to slow down and see what is on either side of the tracks for a change. 

Davit.
Hi Josie,
I wish I could remember more, but others may have a better memory...keeping busy just erases my focus...
11 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is great!

This is a great part of success and can really assist with positive thoughts!

Josie, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought of a few more things...Swimming - now that I'm almost at my weight loss goal, I may pick that hobby up again, which is easy in the State of Florida :)  I used to show dogs and cats, but it's too expensive now.  I'd like to try water color painting again.  I used to have issues with the lack of control with the colors running together, but it would be good to just go with it and not be so uptight about it.  I used to spend a lot of time on my Grandmother's farm in New York State, but the farm has been long gone; the land was subdivided and sold.  I think it's good to look at what we've enjoyed in childhood and revisit some of those desires even if it's skipping rope :)  Why not be a kid and have fun!

Shari
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Horse back riding.

Shari
I wonder if you would share something that you used to love doing, which you don't do anymore?

When I was a child, I used to catch bees, watch them make honey in a jar.  Sometimes I would catch other insects and look at them.  I might catch a beautiful butterfly, without harming it's wings, and let it free again.

Reading this thread: