Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Survived babysitting

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEY CHEVY YOU GO GIRL!!!! remember that anytime we can get threw anxeity and panic without an attack is a success and you should be very proud of yourself KEEP SMILING GIRL IT HELPS!!!!! Gal
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chevygirl, Great success story! Way to persevere through this! It's a victory that will lead to many more I'm sure! Take what you learned from this experience and use it towards your next one. Thanks for sharing your story with us, Danielle ________________________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haha well I don't know if this is a success story or not but here it goes. I been babysitting one of my friends little kid 1-2 times a week for about a year.The last few times they asked me to babysit him I would get pretty bad panic attacks just thinking about it for no reason and come up with some excuse why I couldn't.Well tonight I was going to say no but ended up saying sure before I knew it.They said they were going to a movie in a town about 20 mins away.I started having panic thoughts about an hour or so before he came thought of things like well whut if something happens to me if I pass out or get sick really bad and can't do anything about it what will happen to him ect.I tried to visualize myself getting through it that everything would be fine and if I did feel a panic attack coming on I could give him a few toys and turn on the tv so he would stay still for awhile.My friend then decided to call me about 5 minutes before he came informing me that she was going to invite herself over,which is a whole other panic situation for me,having people around that I just can't make leave or having a bad panic attack in front of them.I almost backed out a few times and told her not to come,but decided to see if I could go thru with her being there.All in all to make this shorter I had a few bad thoughts with the anxiety and almost had an attack but told myself ok just wait a few more minutes before she has to leave.She ended up staying a few hours and got done babysitting about an hour after that.Random thing that isn't such a big deal but ya at least this time I was able to get thru it without so much trama haha.

Reading this thread: