Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

facing challanges of life

10 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ashley & kaitie995,
Its gud to see your reply.
Ashley, you judge truely that I feel guilt of my depression.Reason being that it is the real BIG OBSTACLE  in my professional growth.One can sustain to  external environment when strong from inside.But I analyzed  myself  to be week from inside.I want to become stronger from inside but unfortunately I find that its very difficult to change the basic nature.
And Kaitie that is the root cause of my depression.
Well the program nd pupils are really gud over here.
The advantage from CBT is that I am able to make my schedule for daily;it motivates me indirectly to adopt some physical & mental health technique like yoga & sudarshan kriya.I am now able to earn now some amount of money also.

Keep posting dear.

rohit131
10 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rohit,

I've had a couple of stages like this, and felt my only option was to take a break for however long I needed and then slowly rebuild my life again. It takes a long time, and I'm in the process of rebuilding again.
My psychologist and I were talking today about how we need to work out why I can sometimes do things and other times I can't do them, so that way I can work towards being able to do them all the time. Maybe this is something you need to consider as well? What was it about this situation/activity that made you feel anxious?

Kaitie.
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rohit,

It sounds like you may have some guilt around depression. You mention a few times that you couldn't control it. Please know that becoming depressed is not your fault. When depressed it can be difficult if not impossible to control it without treatment or outside help. So if there is guilt present let it go it can be counter productive to your recovery.

It sounds like you did a lot of the "right" things when you became depressed. It sounds like you were surrounded by people who cared at home as they were concerned about you. You then left a position in order to focus on your health. This takes courage. Now you are doing well and continuing to look for ways to improve your mental health. With this determined, resourceful attitude you will get far. Congrats for how far you have come already.

When it comes to further suggestions continue to work on the program and post in the support group. The more you learn and practice Cognitive Behaviour Therapy the better. What have you learned from the program so far? Any questions?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello all,
I wish to share some of my experiences that I faced when I was depressed around yr 2011-12.
There occurs a challanging situation which automatically generates negative thoughts in me.I tried to control negative thoughts;but this activity brings more negativity.I started getting anxious.I know very well this all is wrong but I was not able to control.I start feel nervous and all things out of my control.This is reflected to my near ones & they start my leg pulling.What is happening to you and several question fired to me at instant.
all relaxation techniques failed and I become centre of attraction due to my depressed behaviour.
The depression is so severe that I have to leave that organization where all my image went wrong due to depression.
IS SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED TO ANYONE? IF YES HOW YOU MANAGED THE SITUATION?
I was left with no option but to QUIT the circumstances because my physical & mental health was continously deteriorating at that time......(At present I am quite better)
Pls suggest

rohit131

Reading this thread: