Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

No Thoughts

12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great assistance everyone!

Sunflower,

Read through the good advice and let us know how we can help.

Homework is essential to progression!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower painter.

So why can't you challenge the validity of the feelings without knowing the issue after all it is the feelings you don't want. CBT does work on emotions. Ask yourself if it is reasonable to be angry if you don't want to be and then change the emotion to something else. Challenge the unmotivation. Are you tired, do you have a head ache, is there a reason to be unmotivated?Then decide whether it would be productive to work through it. If not then accept it and rest instead. These feelings do go away don't they? Some times the issue is so buried in the subconscious that it can't be found. Some times taking the why out of the equation makes the where available. Blocking the reason for anxiety is a coping skill until you start to look for what you are blocking then it becomes anxiety. You are not alone in getting these feelings without an obvious reason. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SFP,
Better see Dr F's reply to "bruxism" in June 2011 under "ask the expert" above, since teeth grinding can cost big bucks at the dentist
12 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been feeling really anxious lately but the most odd thing is that I don't know why. I wake up stressed and cranky. I am angry and unmotivated. I feel the symptoms of stress etc and there really isn't much wrong. I have also been grinding my teeth at night and getting a lot of migraines.

I would like to challenge these feelings but how do I do that when I can't pin point an issue?

Reading this thread: