Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I do Not Feel Like But I Have To

12 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello hugs4u. To have a picture in a small size it can be called conversion, resizing or optimization. I hope this helps.
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eleveno,
I admire your photography too.

What's the technical term for making the photograph one takes to a size compatible for placement on this forum?

Most of the time I enjoy a pleasant activity (or what used to be a pleasant activity), I felt a little better. It couldn't immediately, but sometimes I felt the positive effects only on the following days after doing pleasant activities. This is the reason why I keep insisting with myself to plan pleasant activities (I only start doing this about 3 weeks ago) even when I do not feel like it. It is not easy but as they said: Rome was not built in one day.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
eleveno

I am glad to hear this. And you are not alone in this need to force yourself. It is part of getting better. I found it hard to enjoy living happy too. I just wanted to put every thing on hold till I got better but it doesn't work that way. It only makes it take longer. 
The beach sounds lovely, lucky you to live in such a place. 

Davit.
12 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello eleveno,

What a beautiful picture. Keep challenging your anxious thoughts and doing those pleasant activities. How do you feel after enjoying a pleasant activity? 

Samantha, Health Educator
Today I wake up not so well because I slept very badly last night. In my country, Portugal, we have governmental elections today, and my wife is helping with the elections, so I would have all the day for my self.

Usually, when I wake up like this, I know I would have a bad day. But today I wanted to do something different and challenge my thoughts. I live in the south of Portugal in a beautiful region called Algarve. We have a Mediterranean climate here and at this time of the year summer is showing us its presents with a beautiful day.

I thought to myself that I could go to beach, dip in the sea, put my feet on sand and try to relax. This would be the first time this year on the beach. I packed my towel, put shorts and sandals, and  left home. First I stopped in a market to buy sun screen and then head to the beach. When I arrive on the beach I admired the beautiful day, with other people already sharing the blessings of this wonderful weather with me.

It was a beautiful morning and while at the beach I catch up some reading with a Stephen King's novel (I took a picture of this moment which appears in my profile).

The story is: I need to challenge my anxious thoughts and do pleasant activities even if I do not feel like. In other words, I need to learn to live life again so I can get better.

Reading this thread: