Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Hey everyone

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Els,
If you get hands free, and you're talking to someone who can calm you I guess it's okay.  I used a relaxation tape for years to get over my phobia.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Els -

I wanted to share that I have had anxiety while driving for some time.  Good for you for finding this program and taking action to help yourself.  I look forward to hearing about your successes - I know that you can do well here!

Carmie
12 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Els,

Welcome to the site. Where I live talking on the cell phone is a no no and carries a fine because it increases the risk oif you getting into an accident. i know on a highway it can seem safe. but can you maybe get a recorder to talk into instead (hands free) and talk through some things or get a book on tape (or mp3) to listen to while driving? I hear those work well for people with long commutes. Or even stand up comedy on CD is great for driving in the car. Just some friendly suggestions. 

This program does help with anxious thoughts.
12 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Els,

Welcome to the site. The Panic program can certainly help you address your anxiety.  Work on it regularly and you were see results.  It sounds like you are already ahead of the game in terms of CBT; you already know your trigger and have found some ways to manage the anxiety.  That's a huge first step, the support group and program will help you get the rest of the way.

What will your first goal be?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Duh. 

In this part of Canada if you get caught talking on your phone you lose your licence. If you get in an accident your insurance is void and you assume responsibility. I think I would find a different distraction. Yes they can clock exactly what time you are on. Big brother is watching.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, but, unfortunately, not to panic and anxiety.  I started with panic attacks about 6 years ago, and at this point I am pretty sure it was due to who I was dating at the time (we unfortunately stayed together for 2 more years).  I am happily married now (just as of a month ago! ) and really haven't felt true panic in a while. 

I recently began a new job that is 135 miles (round trip) of driving for me each day.  I never had problems with driving before - I used to love it, actually - but I get so worked up almost everyday.  I'm usually fine on the way to work, but driving home, I can get very anxious.  Not the usual "I'm ready to be home" anxious...more like a panicky, "I can't drive fast enough", "something is going to happen while I'm not home or close to home" sort of thing. I begin to get jittery, my vision blurs, clammy hands, the usual.  I find talking to someone on the phone helps (I know, I know...it's not always safe)...

Overall, the panic seems to be pretty isolated...but it makes me worry that I will start having more panic attacks now.  I finally put all of that behind me almost three years ago.  I can't live like that again.  I am lucky enough to pretty much know my triggers, and I have learned (for the most part) how to calm myself down.

I hope I can be of help to anyone here.  I'm looking forward to working on this site.

Reading this thread: