Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

My First Day

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bella,

Welcome and please know our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.  The members have added some very good advice, so take what you need and keep it close.  Yes, the program can help you progress and change those thoughts into positive ones.  The program is designed to help you step by step.  Do take the depression test and bring a copy to your appointment, it can help you assess the situation better for you both.

We are always here to help and assist you in any way we can, so please post with us.

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had some help and have an appointment this Friday.  I should know more what to expect in the way of help from the clinic.  Thank you for the support.
Thank you for responding and for the encouragement.  I will keep your suggestions in mind and do my best.

14 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Belladreamz,

First i would like to tell you how sad it was to read you have lost a child.I suffer from Anxiety and i can say i was to a point where i thought i was heading to insanity and believe me you are not going there. This afflication of the mind is all about thoughts, physical sensations and behaviours which can be dealt with. This program is fantastic and very helpful as you know you are not alone, others have been there done that. Some of lifes issues are out of our control but you can work on things one step at a time. Work at the program and know you are not alone. Have you gone to your Doc and spoken about this?
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome belladreamz.

That is a tough question. There are as many different ways as there are members. But they are all just slight differences of the same theme. For the most part it is about changing negative thoughts and actions with positive ones with some help from relaxation tools and medication when neccesary. This program can help you. You can do it on your own but I recommend you do it with the help of other members as a group. You will quickly learn that you are not alone. Members comments in the forums will show you how others are fairing and what they do in specific situations. Don't worry about insanity, we won't let you go there.

Davit.
Today is my first day.  I suffer from PTSD, anxiety and depression.  My life has gotten completely out of my control and trying to maintain mental health and deal with my PTSD since my son's death is even harder.  My biggest problems right now are the things I have no control over like losing my job, my dysfunctional family, legal matters, etc. and it is so scarry.  These are things I can't control.  I work hard to control my emotions most of time but this last year is out of control with real life issues and add that to my emotional issues and I feel overwhelmed, scared, out of control and lost.  How do you manage when things are out of your control and you are spiraling towards insanity?

Reading this thread: