Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Hello I'm New Here

2 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Skylerswims,

I am so sorry to read how you have been feeling. You sound very hurt and alone in your mental health struggles. You are absolutely right, your family cannot fully understand what you are going through. I am sorry you feel disregarded by them. Have you considered looking into therapy and talking to someone who may be able to empathize with you and teach you coping skills? A therapist may also be able to educate your family on what you are going through.

I saw you have already completed four session of the program. Great work! I know you have been really struggling, so I am very impressed you were able to complete those sessions. I hope you reward yourself for completing each session, you deserve it. How are you finding the program so far?

A few things you said made me concerned for your safety. If you are thinking of suicide or just need someone to talk to please call a crisis line. You do not have to deal with these feelings on your own. If you are in Canada, call the Canada Suicide Prevention Service at 1-833-456-4566 (24/7). For residents of Québec, call 1 866 APPELLE (1-866-277-3553). If you are in the US, please call 1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org for online chat.

You are not in this alone. Thank you fir posting.

Take care,

Ashley

2 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley -> Health Educator @ Mar 16, 2022, 4:26:32 PM
Hi Skylarswims,
First of all, you are not worthless. Even if people did not want to talk to you, that still does not make you worthless. People talk to other people for various reasons and often it has nothing to do with you. Defining your worth based on how other people treat you is unhelpful and incorrect. Having supportive relationships is important but what is more important is that you value yourself.
It sounds like you have a lot of mental health challenges to face. It must be frustrating and hurtful to feel unsupported while dealing with some very tough stuff. All of the issues you listed can have an impact on relationships and how you view yourself. You are in a difficult spot due to this. Have you worked with a therapist or couch before? How are you currently managing your mental health?
You're not in this alone. I am glad you posted.
To others reading this thread:
Have you ever felt excluded or misunderstood? How did you handle it?

There is no one I know that understands how this feels. You try to explain it and they look out you like your crazy and need to be locked away. I have even tried to talk to my parents, it hurts when your own blood tells you they don't want to hear it but your perfectly ok. No, I'm not okay. I would not be crying out to someone I trusted for help if I was ok. They do not understand the thoughts that run through my head daily and nightly. They do not know how I feel. They can not see the way u view this world. People do not understand how hard it is to even drive a car up the road when nothing seems to matter. You see everything as a way to end this pain. It is tiring fighting the battles I fight every minute. Do I want to hurt the ones I care about? Of course I do not want to hurt them, but it also feels like you hurt being alive bc your not there emotional for them when they need it. I don't even feel human. I'm just warm flesh that continues to breath even though I am dead inside. If only someone was there to see from my eyes and feel how I feel then maybe someone would understand. Maybe they would quit shrugging me away. 

2 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Skylarswims,

First of all, you are not worthless. Even if people did not want to talk to you, that still does not make you worthless. People talk to other people for various reasons and often it has nothing to do with you. Defining your worth based on how other people treat you is unhelpful and incorrect. Having supportive relationships is important but what is more important is that you value yourself.

It sounds like you have a lot of mental health challenges to face. It must be frustrating and hurtful to feel unsupported while dealing with some very tough stuff. All of the issues you listed can have an impact on relationships and how you view yourself. You are in a difficult spot due to this. Have you worked with a therapist or couch before? How are you currently managing your mental health?

You're not in this alone. I am glad you posted.

To others reading this thread:

Have you ever felt excluded or misunderstood? How did you handle it?

2 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello, my name is Skylar I have learning disabilities: ADHD, OCD, Auditory Processing Disorder, Oral Expression Disorder, Severe Anxitey, and Depression. I feel sorry, anxious, depressed because I feel like people think I am annoying, crazy, weird, etc. It feels like nobody likes me or wants to be my friend. It feels like barely even anyone wants to be my friend. It feels like barely even anyone wants to text with me/hangout with me. It feels like I am invisible like some people dont even notice me. It makes me feel sad and lonely because it feels like nobody wants to be my friend.

Everyone freaking leaves when I try to explain to them what I’m going through it freaking hurts and then I have no one to freaking talk to because I’m just a worthless person

Reading this thread: