Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Lynn123

2024-03-18 10:20 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-17 1:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 6:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Myth or Fact

2024-02-23 3:25 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 1 1

Most Loved

Browse through 411.740 posts in 47.052 threads.

160,396 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GRHODA MAUI MARIE, Enordin, IRN, MNICOLE, AYNA NICOLE

Introduction/Anxiety/Depression/

3 years ago +1 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 1

Hi ChronicFroggies,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

First off, congratulations for being brave and writing down how you feel. No one will judge you here. This program is anonymous and there are many people out there who feel exactly the same way you do. Especially during these troubling times, you are not alone.

Feel free to reach out and DM (private message) other members - you will find that the active members in this community will respond to others who they feel they can help, or will offer some advice to based on what they've been through, We all need to get through this together!

One thing that you might notice - how did you feel after posting? Usually people who are depressed or anxious are reluctant to post because they don't know what to say, are worried about how others will respond, or just can't muster up the energy to write.

But guess what? What usually happens is that once someone posts they get a little bump of positivity or accomplishment. Even if that little bump of positivity is fleeting and doesn't last, it does make you feel like you accomplished something. Sometimes that little bump inspires you to do something else, and you do it, and you get that positive feeling again. Beating depression is about "doing" - so congratulations on making that first step!

Best,

Trevor

3 years ago +1 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 2

Hello,

Im new to this erm group? I am a little unsure of what I should be putting here and its giving me a little bit of a headache thinking about how others are going to respond to this, but here it goes.

I have struggled with anxiety and depression for the past 12 years but have not taken any action until about a week ago when I started Sertraline and my doctor suggested I talk to somebody. In person talking freaks me out so we figured this would work the best for me, for now at least.

Any suggestions on where I should start on this site? Its a little confusing.

Thanks in Advance

Reading this thread: