Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

The Return of my Panic Disorder

8 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hate winter and I believe it is the biggest source of Anxiety for my in my life. I wish I convince my wife to want to move, but to be honest, I'm afraid the stress of moving right now let alone finding a new job is just too much to handle. I'm hoping that the increase in my Luvox will help, but I'm wondering if the medicine has started to work yet. I've heard that with SSRI's it can take a little while.
8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Same for me today. Not sure where you live, but here, its cold and dreary, which always makes me feel down. Not to mention have more aches and pains and tiredness, which leads to more anxiety. Some days it feels like a never ending cycle...
Thanks KelleyM,

I appreciate the feedback. It's been a rough couple of weeks for me. That's when the Panic Attacks started up again. Before that I was doing okay, except for the depression. Depression is something I've basically battled with most of my life. Today, I don't feel so good. Mornings are usually pretty tough for me for some reason and today I woke up nervous and worried and feeling like I didn't get much sleep. It's awful. I did increased my Luvox about a week ago, but I'm still feeling panicky and depressed. I'm guessing this will take some time before I start to feel like myself again. I just want to get back to normal again. 

8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi looking for support, it is uncanny how similar our situations are. I'm in the exact same place that your in. Years of on and off panic attacks, but had a pretty stressful few months, had an attack back in the fall, and I'm finding myself constantly dwelling on having another now. It's very frustrating. But I've made an appointment with my counselor, started this program and have begun journaling again. That's always helped me. I write down how I'm feeling, then I can go back and see that although I felt like I was dieing, it was only panic. I even go back and read through my journals from the past, when I was positive I was having heart attack, had cancer, everything I could have wrong, I thought I had. And here I am, years later, still alive lol. If u need someone to talk to I'm here. Hope u r feeling better today.
Although I've never actually been panic free, I'd been doing very well for many years and was managing my panic and anxiety to the point where I often forgot about it. It was wonderful. I still had many phobias but i was pretty good at challenging them. But about 2 weeks ago I lapsed back into what I can best describe as a series of panic attacks and panic disorder. How did it happen? Slowly, over the course of a very rough year of many highs and lows. The lose of a parent, the stress of getting married, a few large disappointments and then some health problems. And just like that I'm sitting at breakfast one morning eating a bowl of oatmeal and I start panicking. Within days I couldn't think about food without starting to worry I would have another panic attack. Luckily, I've been through this before and I have a very good psychiatrist who I have been a patient of for nearly 16 years now. I also have been on Luvox for just as long, but apparently it was not enough, so starting a couple weeks ago I've increased my dose. I'm hoping it helps, and I can learn to start managing things normally again. But it's been tough and scary and painful. I'm so sad right now and scared. I'm hoping within a couple of weeks I'll start to feel like myself again.  

Reading this thread: