Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,480 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Panic and depression

8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am glad for you that you can live with it. 

I am working on being okay. I am trying to balance what I need to do for my depression and what I need to do for my anxiety...
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Something in my past keeps me from getting depressed. A trauma should cause depression but in my case it works the opposite. The trigger sets off the thought that I can not let them win by getting depressed. It sets off a block that forces me to go on despite adversity. I get a blank spot where the depression should be which I suppose is a form of anxiety except it doesn't have an effect on my ability to function. It isn't a feeling or mood I like but it also does not cause anxiety or panic. I can live with it.

Davit
8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As I mentioned before, I was in hospital not long ago for depression. Since then I have been working hard to have healthier habits and to heal from the depression. 

One of my biggest fear is to get so depressed again that I end up back in the hospital or have to have shock treatments again. 

Since I relapsed from the panic disorder and gad, I feel a bit more depressed. And that in turn scares me and makes me anxious. You can see how it isn't good.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience of anxiety and depression influencing each other?? 

Reading this thread: