Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Need Some Tactics

8 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I haven't tried it out yet, sorry
8 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Is it me or is anyone else having trouble accessing the box breathing and other techniques? I may try a different computer. 
I know how you feel! When I had a big panic attack, the first in a very long time, I was taken totally unprepared which made the panic attack much harder to manage.

I sure have a lot of work to do...
Thank you Ashley and SimplyCatherine!! 
I was totally unprepared, as I have been on medication and thought that I wouldn't panic until I quit the meds. Got some work to do on myself!! 
8 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi in1peace,

Check out the section on relaxation techniques. Box breathing and PMR are explained there and can be very helpful when you are expeirencing a panic attack. Also, be sure to remind yourself that a panic attack usually doesn't last longer then 20 minutes. It always passes and you will get through it.

Members, please share your strategies for getting through a panic attack or anxious moment.
Ashley, Health Educator
I don'T know if this will be helpful to you. But I used to carry a notebook with instructions as to what to do and questions to challenge my anxious thoughts, etc. That way, if my mind went blank, I could refer to the notebook. As I move along into the sessions once again, I intend to start a new notebook :)
As I move slowly thru the process of these sessions, I need some tools/tactics for when I do start freaking out. When I get an unexpected attack, it's difficult to remember what I should do to calm down and usually my thoughts are so frantic, it's as if I've blocked my memory of what to do. Slow breathing is usually the only thing I remember. Anyone want to share a simple tactic I will remember to help stop the cycle?

Reading this thread: