Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Dizziness is back

9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara42,

Sorry to hear you had that scare. What did you take away from it?

How are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cara

I'm a bit hypoglycaemic. I can get quite dizzy when I'm hungry. But I know it and so there is no anxiety, just annoyance that I let myself get in that state. There was a time when it bothered me so much I couldn't go anywhere. Now I just do it but with care for my balance is all. Luckily it doesn't happen often. Being hot can make me dizzy too, but it is short lived.
Now Vertigo is one I can't do anything about and usually loses me a whole day. It happens maybe a half dozen times a year.

Davit
9 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

You are right Davit. I did fight them and when I learnt to accept them they disappeared slowly.
I didn't eat for 7 hours and then felt dizzy and started to panic, this is my theory of what happened to me last night. Rather scary. I didn't realize low blood sugar can do that.  The good thing was I didn't have a full blown attack just the dizzy spells and feeling out of it. 

I am still today feeling detached, continuing from last night. Trying my very best to accept and distract and think positive.

9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When anxiety causes dizziness it is usually accompanied with a disoriented feeling and a difficulty thinking clear , which makes the anxiety worse. Vertigo can cause anxiety just because it is unpleasant. But vertigo is usually inner ear or medication. Dizziness from anxiety is different, bordering on fainting. With periods where you are almost passing out. My theory is that it comes from fighting a trigger instead of accepting it. It also is not as consistent as vertigo with periods when it isn't there. You could try accepting it is okay and look for the trigger and accept it too. This dizziness is fight or flight where you try to hide by not moving and slowing your breathing and tensing up ready to run. All contributing to the dizziness.
So to recap. If it is constant it is probably vertigo, if it cycles up and down it is probably anxiety bordering on panic.

Davit.

Ps it is a common symptom.
9 years ago 0 169 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So.... My dizziness came back today. Actually it's still going on. I had some major health scare this week and that brought back my anxiety. I was good and had no anxiety for the last 5 months! Felt perfectly good and now it's back, hopefully for not too long. CBT helps as it's not leading to a full panic attack.

Gosh, someone please help me! How do u know if it is anxiety and not something serious? I have felt this before but for some reason this dizziness is worse than before....

Had a physical and ECG all is okay.... I hate this hopefully it won't come back full blown

Reading this thread: